Thursday, December 01, 2011
Let me drop in right here a few of my favorites and you can go on over and find yours.
* Her eyes were like two brown circles with big black dots in the center.
* He was as tall as a 6′3″ tree.
* He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck, either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.
* The lamp just sat there, like an inanimate object.
* He spoke with the wisdom that can only come from experience, like a guy who went blind because he looked at a solar eclipse without one of those boxes with a pinhole in it and now goes around the country speaking at high schools about the dangers of looking at a solar eclipse without one of those boxes with a pinhole in it.
* The young fighter had a hungry look, the kind you get from not eating for a while.
* The red brick wall was the color of a brick-red Crayola crayon.
* Fishing is like waiting for something that does not happen very often.
* They were as good friends as the people on “Friends.”
* It came down the stairs looking very much like something no one had ever seen before.