Thursday, June 21, 2007

It's the Classicists Who Are Destroying the Classics

My old friend (and very good friend) Dana Hall out in colorful Colorado sent me a link to an intriguing piece from Stanford Magazine along with this teaser:

Hi, Denny -- I thought you might find this article (Who Killed Homer?) of interest. The authors touch on a lot of issues that we as Christians and conservatives have been examining for quite awhile. What I find interesting is that this perspective is echoing those same concerns...only in a different setting. It is also interesting to think of Francis Schaeffer’s analysis of how the progression of thought affects all areas of society and how this has played out here.


Thanks Dana. And I gladly pass the link on to visitors of The Book Den. You'll find the article, written by John Heath and Victor Davis Hanson, right here.