Friday, May 13, 2005

"A Few Curiosities" -- The Path to the Real Shakespeare

Here at The Book Den where beauty and truth are appreciated as two aspects of a single reality, I not only deem the Shakespeare "Authorship Question"an important one whose relevance goes far beyond the literati, but I also have taken a definite stand. I believe the facts (both historical and those from within the works) clearly point to Edward de Vere as being the genius behind the pen name, William Shakespeare.

Of course, I do not look down upon people who believe otherwise -- I once wandered in the dark woods of ignorance myself :) -- but I do, from time to time, urge friends to follow a path on which both beauty and truth shine...a path that leads to de Vere.

The longest journey begins with one step. So, for those who are willing to surrender the prejudices of others (for how many of you have really studied the controversy yourself?) and are willing to explore the possibilities, this article by Professor Daniel Wright and Mark Alexander is a nice start.