Wednesday, December 14, 2011

All I Want for Christmas Is A Good Book (Or Two)

One of my favorite places to go during the weeks leading up to Christmas is the American Spectator's annual survey of book recommendations. The magazine draws in suggestions from noted "readers and writers," creating an article I always find interesting and from which I always find a few titles to pick up on. In fact, during the years before the internet, the December issue of the hard copy magazine was my favorite and it served as an inspiration for me to create a similar service on the radio program I did in those years. People still tell me that these programs (shows where I shared the book recommendations of writers, preachers, musicians, politicians, housewives, etc) were among the most memorable in our 13 years.

But anyhow, back to the American Spectator's collection for Christmas 2011. This year's recommendations come from such people as Doug Bandow, Mark Tooley (a fellow who frequently is linked in Vital Signs Blog posts), Indiana Governor Mitch Daniels, Sean Hannity, film director Ron Maxwell, Donald Rumsfeld, and Florida Congressman Allen West. Go on over and check 'em out.