Friday, February 23, 2018

An Indispensable Four

After finishing Francis Schaeffer’s No Little People and Randy Alcorn’s Happiness, two books that I’ve been carefully reading for awhile now, I’m freshly grateful to God for the superb gifts He has given me over these last several decades in passionate, skilled, and Bible-centered writers.

Particularly Francis Schaeffer, Randy Alcorn, C.S. Lewis, and Joni Eeareckson Tada.

There are, of course, many others I'm profoundly appreciative of -- G.K. Chesterton being the foremost among the “honorable mentions” -- but it is these four who have had the strongest influence on me and I look forward to continuing to read and reread them for whatever time I have left in my spiritual adventure here.

So Lord, thank you again, for the inspiration, encouragement, and wise exhortation You have poured out upon me through these faithful servants. May the lessons they've shared with me continue to help move me forward. And for the two who are still alive, would you please bless them, their families, and their various ministries with all needed mercies.