Wednesday, December 06, 2017

Classic Mystery Reading for Christmas

A couple of days ago I posted over on my Facebook page a Christmas reading list that I've sent round for a few years...including here on The Book Den. You can find those recommendations right here.

But tonight I'm adding to that list a few "Golden Age mysteries" that concern Christmastime that I recently came across. Now, I haven’t read all of these so I can’t vouch for them but the ones with an * in front of the title represent ones that I have read and do recommend.

* The Egyptian Cross Mystery (1932)
Author: Ellery Queen

* The Nine Tailors (1934)
Author: Dorothy L. Sayers

Thou Shell of Death (1936)
Author: Nicholas Blake

* The Santa Klaus Murder (1936)
Author: Mavis Doriel Hay

* Mystery in White (1937)
Author: J. Jefferson Farjeon

* Hercule Poirot’s Christmas (1938)
Author: Agatha Christie

* Envious Casca (1941)
Author: Georgette Heyer

The Clock Strikes 12 (1945)
Author: Patricia Wentworth

Groaning Spinney (1950)
Author: Gladys Mitchell

An English Murder (1951)
Author: Cyril Hare

* Tied Up in Tinsel (1972)
Author: Ngaio Marsh

Happy reading!