Thursday, July 05, 2007

Dawn Eden Talks About Life, Love and "The Thrill of the Chaste"

"The dawn is not distant..." (Henry Wadsworth Longfellow)

I feel a kinship for Dawn Eden on a number of levels: she is a pro-life activist, later convert to Christianity, blogger, Chestertonian, and a lover of "classical" rock music. Well, okay...in Dawn's case, "classical" probably leans more towards Billy Joel and Tom Petty while for me it goes back a two and three decades earlier to Memphis rockabilly, Philadelphia doo-wop and Detroit girl groups.

But, I'm getting off topic here. The reason for this post is to alert you to a very engaging interview of Dawn Eden by the guys at MercatorNet. In that delightfully rambling interview, Dawn talks about her life before (and after) she found Jesus Christ; her views about love, self-identity and purpose, relationships; and about the success of her new book, The Thrill of the Chaste: Finding Fulfilment While Keeping Your Clothes On.

By the way, the photo I use for this post is a "self-portrait" which I found on one of my regular perusals of Dawn's fine web site, The Dawn Patrol. Nice, huh?